Virtual Yard Sale
Anywhere, anytime, on Facebook Marketplace
Buying & selling items on Facebook Marketplace is all the rage these days! 90% of everything we have at our Terrace Guest House was purchased via FB Marketplace!
Now anyone, anywhere in the country, can sell their own items on FB Marketplace to support A Mother's Rest and earn a tax deductible donation from it! It's EASY!
How to sell your household goods, clothing, and furniture items on Facebook Marketplace
1) Open up Facebook and click on the HOME button at the top of the page.
2) On the upper left corner, you will see "Newsfeed, Messenger, Watch, Marketplace". Choose Marketplace.
3) Click on "sell something". Choose "item".
4) Choose the appropriate category. Sell household goods, furniture, garden items, antiques, clothing & accessories, even cars!
5) Under "what are you selling", start each item with "CHARITY SALE:" and then a brief name for what you're selling.
6) Indicate your price. Be reasonable, this is a YARD SALE. If you want it to sell, price it to sell.
7) Indicate your location. (city and state)
8) In the description write first: "100% of the sale of this item goes to support the non-profit called A Mother's Rest, which provides much needed respite retreats for parents & caregivers who have loved ones with disabilities". Include that text first on each item.
9) Continue with your description of the item and follow FB's prompts.
10) End your description with "Paypal Only: payment for this item will be made directly to A Mother's Rest, and we can coordinate a pick up time and location once payment has been made. Click here to pay: www.amothersrest.org/marketplacepurchase"
11) Add plenty of photos of your item!
12) The buyer makes their payment, they get an email receipt for it, they forward it to you, and you coordinate pick up. The funds come directly to our Paypal account to support our respite programs and needs at the inn.
13) Keep those receipts for tax time and count as a CASH DONATION to A Mother's Rest! The purchase is not tax deductible for the buyer, but knowing it supports a charity may increase your chances of selling it.
14) It's that easy!